Benefits and Special Uses of Argan Oil from Morocco
I grew up in Morocco using Moroccan argan oil very regularly. This ultra-rich oil is an essential part of every Moroccan woman’s beauty routine. It is a real treasure with many benefits to beauty and health.
Not limited to haircare and skin application, gourmets like the aroma and great taste of argan oil. Plus there are assorted side benefits to health. It seems like the perfect modern panacea. No wonder it is in great demand. However, it comes only from the argan trees in southwestern Morocco, a semi-desert region. The trees produce kernels that provide the extract.
The oil for cooking is lightly toasted and is akin to nut oils like sesame and hazelnut while the cosmetic variety is lighter in color and has a milder smell. Both are wonder components of cuisine, natural skin, and hair care as well as serve as alternative medicine. With such properties, Moroccan oil is called “liquid gold”. Plus it is loaded with vitamins A, and C. All components are associated with good health and protection from environmental damage that promotes aging.
As argan oil is rich in certain compounds, it is deemed quite beneficial in many ways. In addition to the vitamins mentioned, the basic components are tocopherols (Vitamin E), a natural antioxidant, fatty acids (omega-6 linoleic acid and oleic acid), melatonin, and plant sterols, also natural antioxidants. Argan oil is used in its pure form or as a carrier oil for essential oils. It has become a staple natural cosmetic.
Uses and Benefits of Argan Oil
- HAIR GROWTH can be achieved with the application of argan oil to the scalp and roots. The phenol works on hair follicles as an antioxidant that boosts cell production. It is best used as a leave-in treatment and may also be applied to the eyelashes and eyebrows for greater length and thickening.
- DANDRUFF TREATMENT is one of the best side effects of argan oil given the healing properties of the essential fatty acids and vitamins. The oil deeply moisturizes and hydrates the scalp, reducing the dryness and itching associated with dandruff. Just a few drops are mixed with an anti-bacterial essential oil like tea tree oil and you have a natural dandruff treatment.
- SILKY HAIR TEXTURE: For beautiful silky hair, use argan oil as a leave-in conditioner. It will add shine and detangle the hair. Towel dry your hair and brush the oil on evenly for a wonderful natural treatment.
- HAIR COLOR RETENTION: Argan oil pervades color fading. It reduces discoloration from the environment and aging. Apply a few drops daily to help preserve the hair’s natural color.
- ANTI AGING MOISTURIZER: Moroccan oil is a practical and natural anti-aging agent since it is known to hydrate and nourish the skin. You will see fewer fine lines and wrinkles, a firmer texture, and fewer dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Uses regularly alone, it achieves great results or you can add it to any moisturizer to achieve a radiant complexion.
- LIP MOISTURIZER: Rich in vitamins A and E, argan oil has known natural moisturizing properties and is thus a great lip conditioner. Use for chapped or flaky lips and see the wonderful hydration. Healthy, soft lips can be yours with regular use. It is wise to apply to lips overnight.
- SHAVING OIL AND AFTERSHAVE BALM: for men, argan oil is a natural shaving oil and aftershave balm. It will soften the skin to make shaving easier. You won’t likely see any more cuts. Then apply the oil as an aftershave balm to further smooth the skin and heal any affected areas.
- ACNE TREATMENT: Argan oil is a non-comedogenic oil, making it ideal to treat. Acne. It works by balancing and neutralizing skin oil production, but without clogging the pores that exacerbate the condition. Applied topically with a couple of drops of an anti-bacterial essential oil it has great acne-fighting action.
- DRY SKIN TREATMENT: There is a great benefit to dry skin from the application of argan oil, rich in vitamin E, oleic, and linoleic acid, As a moisturizer, it is unsurprised in its ability to hydrate dry skin. Better than a lotion, the oil heals dry skin from the inside out, yielding a smooth texture and healthy glow.
- SCAR TREATMENT: the antioxidant properties of argan oil can prevent and treat scars. It will generate cell growth while deterring the accumulation of free radicals. Existing scars and hyperpigmentation should fade in time with daily use.
- NAIL AND CUTICLE OIL: Weak brittle nails and dry rigid cuticles are unsightly. Argan oil moisturizes and therefore strengthens the nails, softens cuticles, and encourages growth, ultimately restoring nail appearance.
- RELIEF OF COMMON SKIN CONDITIONS: Eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, and rosacea are common and annoying skin conditions. Argan oil is here to help. The vitamin E and natural anti-inflammatory properties when applied directly to the affected side will reduce inflammation, relieve itching, and allow the skin to repair itself.
Good Quality Argan Oil
It is clear that there are many benefits of Moroccan argan oil to every type of personal use. My recommendation is to get the best quality oil, it will be worth it. For this, read the label or website description carefully and always opt for 100% cold-pressed argan oil produced by a small-scale, independently owned and operated, female co-operative. It matters what brand you choose as not all oils insist on ethical production.
Always remember that true argan oil is not yellow and rather expensive. The argan oil of Little Moroccan Things is one that I highly recommend as I participated in the sourcing process and know that it satisfies all the quality criteria listed above. You will love the quality.
From design and decor to food and travel, moroccanzest is the space where I share what I loved growing up in Morocco, and more. It’s your destination for everything beautiful, artistic, and made the Moroccan way with love.
Learn more about me here.