Morocco Shopping Guide
The Only Guide to Shopping in Morocco Like a Local
Moroccan Souks can overwhelm anyone who is not familiar with shopping in Morocco. In this ebook, I share – as a Moroccan who grew up in a family of artisans – Moroccan Souks‘ secrets, the products to absolutely avoid, and those that are really worth your money.
Moroccan Souks are known for featuring thousands of handmade products mixed with imported imitation products. It is hard to know what products are Moroccan and what products are not. Moreover, the aggressive price strategy adopted by some sellers discourages the toughest hagglers and can be quite frustrating. If you are looking for truly handmade Moroccan products that will age beautifully, and if you want to pay the right price for them, this ebook will guide you through your journey.
You will get the tools and confidence to shop in a Moroccan Souk and save hundreds of dollars.
I was born in Morocco and I spent most of my life there. I grew up in a family of artisans and the Souks were my second home. I still have that connection with Moroccan Souks and artisans even if I currently live thousands of miles away from my birth country. As the founder of MoroccanZest, I visit Morocco several times a year and I count among my closest friend many traditional artisans and creators in Morocco who know all Moroccan Souks’ secrets.
Moroccan Medinas are really magical and full of exciting discoveries, you will enjoy your experience when you have the right tools
What you will learn in my ebook:
- Identify the products in the Souk that are truly Moroccan and made by artisans,
- Spot imitation and counterfeit products and avoid them,
- Understand pricing and know what price range to expect for each product I recommend,
- Know some of the best addresses to shop for authentic handmade products and pay the same price as locals,
- Save hundreds of dollars.
- Categories include: Moroccan Jewelry, leather items, cookware, decor, traditional clothing, beauty products, food and so much more.
as seen in
have a question? Reach me
From design and decor to food and travel, moroccanzest is the space where I share what I loved growing up in Morocco, and more. It’s your destination for everything beautiful, artistic, and made the Moroccan way with love.
Learn more about me here.