Moroccan Carrot Salad Recipe
Fragrant and easy to make Moroccan carrot salad.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
- 1 pound fresh carrots cut in slices
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (fresh)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (fresh)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice (if not juicy enough, use the juice from an entire lemon)
- 1 medium size garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ tsp salt (adjust quantity if needed)
- ½ preserved lemon cut in cubes (make sure you take off the seeds)
Steam the carrots in a pressure cooker. Alternatively, boil the carrots in a hot pan filled with water. Carrots should be cooked al dente.
In a pan on medium heat, put the carrots, the olive oil and garlic.
Add the spices, parsley, coriander and lemon juice, preserved lemons and cook for 2 minutes while mixing. You can add a splash of water if it the carrots start to stick to the pan.
Reduce the heat and let everything cook for 5 minutes, until there is no liquid in the pan and the carrots are well infused with the spices.
You can serve it hot, tepid or cold, depending on your preference, either alone or with toasted bread.